This meditation brings balance to the pituitary and pineal glands. It helps with negative thought patterns and strengthens the projection. On the physical level, the pituitary and pineal glands are stimulated and brought into a rhythm by the four-part breathing. On a mental level, negative thought patterns can be erased and a new balance established. On an auric level, a clear radiance and projection can be achieved.
Time: Begin with 3 minutes. The time can be increased by 1 minute daily up to 7 minutes, then practiced for a week or so at 7 minutes, then increased again by a 1 minute per day, up to 31 minutes.
Mantra: Sa Ta Na Ma (also known as Kirtan Kriya) Sa Ta Na Ma is said to help reorient the mind and prepare it for transformational change. Using the meditation is also believed to bring profound physical, mental and spiritual benefits.
- Sa – birth, beginning, and the totality of the cosmos
- Ta – life, existence and creativity manifest
- Na – death, and transformation
- Ma – rebirth, regeneration and consciously experiencing the joy of the Infinite
- Sit in Easy Pose, with the spine straight.
- Wrists are resting on the knees, elbows straight, palms facing up. the eyes are closed. Inhale through the nose in a 4-part segmented breath.
Chant “Sa Ta Na Ma” out loud and press the corresponding fingers to your thumb on each syllable.
Sa – Press thumb and index finger (brings knowledge) on the first inhale.
Ta – Press thumb and middle finger (brings wisdom and patience) on the second inhale.
Na – Press thumb and ring finger (brings vitality) on the third sniff.
Ma – Press thumb and pinkie finger (brings enhanced communication) on the fourth inhale.
- Exhale in one long stroke. The rhythm will be 8 beats: Inhale segmented breath in 4 strokes, exhale in one long stroke for 4 beats.
On a scientific level, this meditation known as Kirtan Kriya (KK) has numerous benefits, as written on AlzheimersPrevention.org the list is long.
• Reverses memory loss
• Increases energy levels
• Improves sleep quality
• Up-regulates positive genes
• Down regulates inflammatory genes
• Reduces stress in patient and caregiver
• Improves psychological and spiritual well being
• Activates significant anatomical areas of the brain
• Increases telomerase, the rejuvenating enzyme that slows cell aging,
by 43%, the largest increase ever recorded
• No side effects, no cost
In the photo below the illustration shows a brain scan before and after the practice of Kirtan Kriya. Where there is an evident increase in blood flow to the brain.
Have Fun! 😀
Resources: I have made a library of yoga exercises for you, you can click on the link and try some of the Kundalini meditations and kriyas below.
Thank you for stopping by. Drop me a line and let me know how it went. I would love to hear from you! If you liked my post, make sure to leave a mindful* comment below or ask questions about whatever comes to your mind.
Thank you for reading!
With loving kindness,
Tiaga Nihal Kaur.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti ॐ