KUNDALINI MEDITATIONS & MINDFULNESS PRACTICES YOU CAN TRY
How to Be Passionately Present – here
FREE WORKSHEETS AND TOOLKITS I HAVE MADE FOR YOU
Free Mantra Toolkit for You – here
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON YOGA, MEDITATION, SCIENCE & BUDDHISM
Below I have listed my favorite yoga, mindfulness, scientific, Buddhist and meditation books. Click the link on the book title and get the review of each book below. I`ll add more to the list soon!
Books on philosophy and yoga:
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – by Patañjali, Swami Satchidananda
Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond – by Ajahn Brahm, Jack Kornfield
Autobiography of a Yogi – by Paramahansa Yogananda
The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
Real Love – by Sharon Salzberg
Meditations from The Mat– by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison
Yoga Anatomy – by Leslie Kaminoff
Books on Buddhism and science:
The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World – by Dalai Lama
The Tibetan Book of The Dead – by Padmasambhava
The Essence of The Heart Sutra– by Dalai Lama
The Dhammapada – by Ananda Maitreya
Buddha`s Brain – by Dr. Rick Hanson
Being Peace – by Thich Nhat Hanh
Other Books on Mindfulness:
Audiobooks on Audible:
Audible free trial: The first audiobook is free! it has plenty of wonderful books to suit your needs, I’m registered there myself and use it very often. I recommend this from my heart because you can listen to your favorite book anywhere you are.
YOU GOT TO TRY THESE YOGIC RECIPES
Free Yogic Recipes for You – here
THE BEST APPS FOR MINDFULNESS
My all-time favorite mindfulness apps. Insight Timer is an app I use regularly to find stillness and balance. Its home to more than 3,400,000 meditators, Insight Timer is rated as the top free meditation app on both Android and iOS stores. The other app called The Mindfulness App has a variety of options to suit all levels and types of meditators, A perfect tool for anyone looking to improve mental health and overall well-being.
A GLOSSARY OF 108 YOGIC TERMS
YOGA SUTRAS VERSE COMPARISON PDF
This pdf is in courtesy of Dr. Miles Neale. He is among the leading voices of the current generation of Buddhist teachers and a forerunner in the emerging field of contemplative psychotherapy. He is a Buddhist psychotherapist in private practice, Assistant Director of the Nalanda Institute for Contemplative Science, Clinical Instructor of Psychology at Weill Cornell Medical College and contributing expert on mindfulness meditation for the BBC World Service. You can find him on MilesNeale.com. Thank you Neale for accepting my request to share this comparison on my website.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH RELATED TO YOGIC TECHNOLOGY
- Jim Lagopoulos, Jian Xu, Inge Rasmussen, Alexandra Vik, Gin S. Malhi, Carl F. Eliassen, Ingrid E. Arntsen, Jardar G. Sæther, Stig Hollup, Are Holen, Svend Davanger, and Øyvind Ellingsen. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Increased Theta and Alpha EEG Activity During Nondirective Meditation. November 2009, 15(11): 1187-1192 – The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Dhananjai S, Sadashiv, Tiwari S, Dutt K, Kumar R. Reducing psychological distress and obesity through Yoga practice. International Journal of Yoga. 2013;6(1):66-70. doi:10.4103/0973-6131.105949. – NCBI
- Sinha AN, Deepak D, Gusain VS. Assessment of the Effects of Pranayama/Alternate Nostril Breathing on the Parasympathetic Nervous System in Young Adults. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research : JCDR. 2013;7(5):821-823. doi:10.7860/JCDR/2013/4750.2948. – NCBI
- Yoga Reduces Prenatal Depression, Anxiety and Sleep Disturbances – NCBI
- Mind-Body Practices for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder – NCBI
- Sudarshan Kriya Yogic Breathing in The Treatment of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Part 1-Neurophysiological Model – NCBI
Thanks for reading!
Tiaga Nihal Kaur,