Yoga includes recommendations on eating habits and tells us that eating in moderation is an important part of yoga practice. It is one of the Yamas (self-restraint). The Yogi should be aware of the quantity and quality of food and drinks he or she consumes, takes neither too much nor too little and suits it to one`s health condition and needs.
Healthy food tips:
- Onion cleanses the blood, restores energy and stimulates metabolism
- Garlic acts as a natural antibiotic and helps to fight bacteria and viruses.
- Ginger helps to power the nervous system, eases symptoms of cold, stimulates the metabolism and is even great for menstrual cramps and backache.
- Turmeric is good for skin, the mucous membranes and joints.
- Black Pepper cleanses the blood, stimulates metabolism and helps a gassy stomach.
- Chili fruits contain very much C-vitamin, A-vitamin and are good for the circulation of blood and metabolism.
- All green vegetables are cleansing for the body.
Free Yogic Recipes for You
Yogi Bhajan`s 5 Oil Salad Dressing – This is a potent and restorative salad dressing that Yogi Bhajan recommended.
Download below to get your 5 Oil Salad Dressing recipe.
Download below to get your Yogic Ginger Tea now.
Thanks for reading!
Tiaga Nihal Kaur,